Mushroom Pecan & Kale Stuffed Squash
For the Acorn Squash:
- 2 acorn squashes (halved & seeded)
- Coconut or Olive Oil
- White Pepper
- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 1 vegetable bullion scoop or cube
- 1 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-2 cups white or brown mushrooms (stems removed & caps sliced)
- 1 bunch of kale (chopped)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- Add 3 cups of water, your rice, and bullion cube to a medium pot & bring to a boil
- Meanwhile, lather your acorn squash halves with oil and sprinkle salt & white pepper on top and place into heated oven for 45 minutes or until tender enough to be pierced with a fork
- Once your rice is boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer, continue to simmer for 45-50 minutes (unless otherwise instructed differently but your rice’s directions)
- In a large pan sauté your mushrooms and garlic in your oil for about 2-3 minutes
- Next add your kale and chopped pecans and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes, ensuring that you’re not burning your garlic
- Once squash and rice are finished remove from heat and add rice to sautéed mixture
- Add your cheese and mix well
- Scoop into acorn halves and top with more parmesan cheese if desired
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from oven
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve
Snag my Goal Setting with the Moon Phases printable - a mama's must have!
Read Recent Posts from Crescent and Sparrow
you may also like
ingredients 1/4 head of cauliflower - chopped 2-3 spring onions (or 1/2 small white onion) - diced 2-3 cloves of garlic - minced virgin olive oil sea salt 3 eggs cheddar cheese - shredded parmesan cheese - grated greens from your spring onion or chives - sliced...
ingredients 3 cups frozen strawberries 2 cups frozen mangos 1 large handful spinach 2 cups your choice of milk 1 scoop your choice of protein (I love the young living spiced vanilla) 1 scoop amazing grass kids berry flavor 1 scoop lucuma powder method Layer your...
ingredients 1-2 cups frozen blueberries 2 ripe bananas nutiva hemp protein powder A piece of ginger (peeled) 2 celery stalks 1.5-2 cups of your choice of milk (see why I choose raw milk here) method Layer your ingredients into your blender by placing all non frozen...