Mushroom Pecan & Kale Stuffed Squash
For the Acorn Squash:
- 2 acorn squashes (halved & seeded)
- Coconut or Olive Oil
- White Pepper
- 1 ½ cups wild rice
- 1 vegetable bullion scoop or cube
- 1 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-2 cups white or brown mushrooms (stems removed & caps sliced)
- 1 bunch of kale (chopped)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- Add 3 cups of water, your rice, and bullion cube to a medium pot & bring to a boil
- Meanwhile, lather your acorn squash halves with oil and sprinkle salt & white pepper on top and place into heated oven for 45 minutes or until tender enough to be pierced with a fork
- Once your rice is boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer, continue to simmer for 45-50 minutes (unless otherwise instructed differently but your rice’s directions)
- In a large pan sauté your mushrooms and garlic in your oil for about 2-3 minutes
- Next add your kale and chopped pecans and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes, ensuring that you’re not burning your garlic
- Once squash and rice are finished remove from heat and add rice to sautéed mixture
- Add your cheese and mix well
- Scoop into acorn halves and top with more parmesan cheese if desired
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from oven
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve
Snag my Goal Setting with the Moon Phases printable - a mama's must have!
Statements made here have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please note that I do not take the place of your health care professional and any changes made should be discussed with them first.
Please note that some links listed on this page are Amazon or other affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission if you purchase through them they help to support crescent and sparrow as well as my family. Please know that I only link products that I love & trust in hopes that you and your loved ones can benefit from or enjoy as well!
Read Recent Posts from Crescent and Sparrow
you may also like
cauliflower + spring onion omelette
ingredients 1/4 head of cauliflower - chopped 2-3 spring onions (or 1/2 small white onion) - diced 2-3 cloves of garlic - minced virgin olive oil sea salt 3 eggs cheddar cheese - shredded parmesan cheese - grated greens from your spring onion or chives - sliced...
Strawberry Mango Smoothie Bowl
ingredients 3 cups frozen strawberries 2 cups frozen mangos 1 large handful spinach 2 cups your choice of milk 1 scoop your choice of protein (I love the young living spiced vanilla) 1 scoop amazing grass kids berry flavor 1 scoop lucuma powder method Layer your...
blueberry banana smoothie
ingredients 1-2 cups frozen blueberries 2 ripe bananas nutiva hemp protein powder A piece of ginger (peeled) 2 celery stalks 1.5-2 cups of your choice of milk (see why I choose raw milk here) method Layer your ingredients into your blender by placing all non frozen...
Im excited to discover this site. I need to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!! I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you book-marked to check out new things on your website.